The Holy Monastery of Varlaam is the second, after the Great Meteoro, big in size monastery.
Its founder is the hermit Varlaam in the middle of 14th century. Later, it was renovated by the brothers Theophanis and Nektarios Apsaras from Ioannina.
The church, honoured to the three Bishops, is in the Athonite type (cross-in-square with dome and choirs), with spacious esonarthex (lite) surrounted by dome as well. It was built in 1541/42 and decorated in 1548, while the esonarthex was decorated in 1566. The old refectory is used as a museum while North of the Church we can see the parekklesion of the Three (Bishops) built in 1627 and decorated in 1637.
The catholic of the Holy Convent is in the honour of All Saints and was built by the monks and brothers Theophanis and Nektarios in 1541-1544. The frescos of the catholic are created mainly by Fragos Katelanos from Thebe.