The Monastery of Holy Trinity is very difficult to reach.
The visitor has to cross the valley and continue high up through the rock before we arrive outside the entrance. The church is in the cross-in-square type with the dome based in two columns, built in 1475-76 and decorated in 1741 by the brothers Antony, a priest and Nicolas. The spacious barrel – vaulted esonarthex was founded in 1689 and decorated in 1692. A small skeuophylakeion was added next to the church in 1684.
In the old days monks and pilgrims reached the monastery with the help of a rope-ladder and the traditional net. In 1925, when Nicandros Stathopoulos was the abbot of the monastery, 140 steps were hewed on the rock and they lead the visitors to the monastery after they have passed a narrow path at the bottom of the rock. Nowadays, there is also a funicular for carrying products and materials.
At the Holy Convent is the chapel of Holy Baptist, inside a carved rock with important frescos since 1682. The manuscripts of the Holy Monastery are kept in the sacristy of the Holy Monastery of Saint Stephen.